From: Gora Mohanty [mailto:g...@mimirtech.com]
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2014 3:02 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Can not index raw binary data stored in Database in BLOB
format.

On 24 February 2014 12:51, Chandan khatua <chand...@nrifintech.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We have raw binary data stored in database(not word,excel,xml etc
> files) in BLOB.
>
> We are trying to index using TikaEntityProcessor but nothing seems to
> get indexed.
>
> But the same configuration works when xml/word/excel files are stored
> in the BLOB field.

Please start by reviewing http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler as
the above seems quite confused. Why are you using TikaEntityProcessor if the
data in the DB are not richtext files?

What is the type of the column used to store the binary data in Oracle? You
might be able to convert it with a ClobTransformer. Please see
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler#ClobTransformer
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerFaq#Blob_values_in_my_table_are
_added_to_the_Solr_document_as_object_strings_like_B.401f23c5

Regards,
Gora