: I have a core "geo" (with an empty file core.properties inside) and
solrconfig.xml at
: /srv/solr/solr4.6.1/cores/geo/conf/solrconfig.xml
: But I get the error message:
: "Could not load config file /srv/solr/solr4.6.1/cores/geo/solrconfig.xml"

1) what does your solr.xml file look like?
2) what does cores/geo/core.properties look like?
3) do you get any other errors before this one in your log?
4) what kind of file permissions are set on "cores", "cores/geo",
"cores/geo/conf", etc... ?

It's possible that this just a mistake in the error message after some
"real" error with your actual geo/conf/solrconfig.xml has already been
logged.  Or it's possible that solr couldn't read geo/conf/solrconfig.xml
(permissions) and tried to fallback by looking for geo/solrconfig.xml (we
used to do that, look in the instanceDir as a last resort -- not sure if
the code is still in there) and you're just looking at the last errror.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/