I get a different error (but related to the same issue I guess) with
the following simple query:

/opt/code/heliosearch/solr$ curl -XPOST
"http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=*:*";

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
<lst name="error"><str name="msg">Must specify a Content-Type header
</response>

HTTP does not require a POST body, so it seems like the checking was a
bit too strict (i.e. if there is no post body, there should be no
requirement for a content-type).

-Yonik
http://heliosearch.org - solve Solr GC pauses with off-heap filters
and fieldcache