The Suggest Search Component that comes preconfigured in Solr 4.7.0 solrconfig.xml seems to thread dump when I call it:

http://localhost:8983/solr/suggest?spellcheck=on&q=ac&wt=json&indent=true

"msg":"No suggester named default was configured"....

Can someone tell me what's going on there?

However, I can stop that happening if I replace the preconfigured "Suggest" Search Component and Request Handler with the Search Component and Request Handler configuration detailed here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Suggester

...but after indexing the data in exampledocs, it doesn't seem to return any suggestions either. Can anyone help suggest how I might get suggest suggesting suggestions?

--
Steve Huckle

If you print this email, eventually you'll want to throw it away. But there is
no away. So don't print this email, even if you have to.