Hello,

I’m investigating the possibility of logging the username of the client who did
the search on Solr along with the normal logging information. The username is
in the basic auth headers of the request, and the access control is managed by
an Apache instance proxying to Solr. Is there a way to append that information
to the Solr query log, so that the log would look like this:

INFO  - 2014-03-27 11:16:24.000; org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore; [generic]
webapp=/solr path=/select params={lots of params} hits=0 status=0 QTime=49
username=juha

I need to log both username and the query, and if I do it directly in Apache
then I lose the information about amount of hits and the query time. If I log
it with Solr then I get query time and hits, but no username. Username logging
is higher priority requirement than the hits and query time, but I’m looking
for solution that covers both cases.

Has anyone implemented this kind of logging scheme, and how would I accomplish
this? I couldn’t find this as a configuration option.

Regards,
Juha