Thank you for the response. This works if I invoke start.jar with java. In
my usecase however, I need to invoke start.jar directly (consoleless
service so that the user cannot close it accidentally). It doesnt pickup
user.timezone property when done this way. Is it possible to do this using
the tag below somehow. I tried setting locale="UTC" and it didnt work.

<propertyWriter dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"
type="SimplePropertiesWriter" directory="data"
filename="my_dih.properties" locale="en_US" />