Hey,

In the Solr CoreAdmin CREATE action you have the ability to define arbitrary
properties by defining propery.[name] = value, this works well in both Solr 3.x
and Solr 4.x. To change a property value on a core in Solr 3.x you could run
the CREATE command again and this would overwrite the value. In Solr 4.x you
get a error saying core exitst (make sense) but I can’t see a way of update the
properties values via a url without unloading and re creating the core (which
is not great a this could cause a outage on the live system).

I tried adding the propery.[name] = value as a part of the RELOAD action but
that was ignored.

Any ideas? If not I will create a patch for RELOAD to support this
functionality.

Regards,

David Stuart
M  +44(0) 778 854 2157
T   +44(0) 845 519 5465
www.axistwelve.com
Axis12 Ltd | The Ivories | 6/18 Northampton Street, London | N1 2HY | UK

AXIS12 - Enterprise Web Solutions

Reg Company No. 7215135
VAT No. 997 4801 60

This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the ordinary user
of the e-mail account to which it is addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please inform Axis12 immediately by return e-mail or telephone.
We advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient of this
e-mail should ensure that it is virus free. We do not accept any responsibility
for any loss or damage that may arise from the use of this email or its
contents.