Hi

 I am running solr cloud 4.3.1 (there is a plan to upgrade to later
versions but that would take a few months). I noticed a very peculiar solr
behavior in solr that beyond *2496* cores I am unable to create any more
collections due to this error

*Could not get shard id for core.....*

I also noticed in the solr "tree" view that the overseer's collections work
queue gets stuck
 ( /overseer
collection-queue-work
qn-0000000360
qn-0000000362
qn-0000000364)

The test results are as follows.

With 8 shards and 2 replicas, I can create 156 collections (and then hit
the above error)
With 4 shards and 2 replicas, I can create 312 collections (and then hit
the above error)
With 2 shards and 2 replicas, I can create 624 collections (and then hit
the above error)

The total no of cores is 2496 in all the above cases.

I am unable to create any more collections after this due to cannot get
shard id error?

Is this a known bug or is there a work around for this? Is it fixed in
future releases?

Thanks much
-Nitin