On 4/15/2014 10:22 AM, Alexey Kozhemiakin wrote:
> The system was up and running for long time(months) without any updates.
> There was no crashes for sure, at least support team says so.
> Logs indicate that at some point there was not enough disk space (caused by
> weekend index optimization).

Software behavior becomes very difficult to define when a resource (RAM,
disk space, etc) is completely exhausted.  Even if Lucene's behavior is
well defined (which I think it might be -- the index itself is NOT
corrupt), Solr is another layer here, and I don't know whether its
behavior is well defined.  I suspect that it's not.  This might explain
what you're seeing.  That might be the only information you'll get, if
there's nothing else in the logs besides the inability to write to the disk.

Thanks,
Shawn