Hi everybody,

Considering a solr cloud configuration (4.6+)

a) I am wondering if the solr replication handler always has to be
configured completely, aka by choosing one master, then setting the config
accordingly (enable, masterUrl) etc ...  Do we really need a replication
master?

solrconfig.xml excerpt

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler">
 <lst name="master">
         <str name="enable">true</str>  <!-- true on master instance -->
[..]
       </lst>
  <lst name="slave">
         <str name="enable">false</str> <!-- true on slave instance -->
         <str name="masterUrl">http://mysolrinstance::port
/default/replication</str>
[..]
       </lst>
</requestHandler>

b) what happens to the cloud if the "master" instance goes down?

Thanks for your info ...

All the best,
Amanjit