Hi,
I am trying to join across multiple cores using query time join. Following
is my setup
3 cores - Solr 4.7
core1:  0.5 million documents
core2: 4 million documents and growing. This contains the child documents
for documents in core1.
core3: 2 million documents and growing. Contains records from all users.

 core2 contains documents that are accessible to each user based on their
permissions. The number of documents accessible to a user range from couple
of 1000s to 100,000.

I would like to get results by combining all three cores. For each search I
get documents from core3 and then query core1 to get parent documents &
then core2 to get the appropriate child documents depending of user
permissions.

I 'm referring to this link to join across cores
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12665797/is-solr-4-0-capable-of-using-join-for-multiple-core

{!join from=fromField to=toField fromIndex=fromCoreName}fromQuery

This is not working for me. Can anyone suggest why it is not working. Any
pointers on how to search across multiple cores.

thanks