Please don't re-use an existing message thread for a new, completely independent question!

Also, try to make the subject line indicate something about the actual issue.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: nativecoder
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:56 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help to Understand a Solr Query

Hi All

I have a following field settings in solr schema

<field name=&quot;&lt;b>Exact_Word" omitPositions="true" termVectors="false"
omitTermFreqAndPositions="true" compressed="true" type="string_ci"
multiValued="false" indexed="true" stored="true" required="false"
omitNorms="true"/>

<field name="Word" compressed="true" type="email_text_ptn"
multiValued="false" indexed="true" stored="true" required="false"
omitNorms="true"/>

<fieldtype name="string_ci" class="solr.TextField" sortMissingLast="true"
omitNorms="true"><analyzer><tokenizer
class="solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory"/><filter
class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/></analyzer></fieldtype>

<copyField source="Word" dest="Exact_Word"/>

As you can see Exact_Word has the KeywordTokenizerFactory and that should
treat the string as it is.

Following is my responseHeader. As you can see I am searching my string only
in the filed Exact_Word and expecting it to return the Word field and the
score

"responseHeader":{
   "status":0,
   "QTime":14,
   "params":{
     "explainOther":"",
     "fl":"Word,score",
     "debugQuery":"on",
     "indent":"on",
     "start":"0",
     "q":"d!sdasdsdwasd!a...@dsadsadas.edu",
     "qf":"Exact_Word",
     "wt":"json",
     "fq":"",
     "version":"2.2",
     "rows":"10"}},

But when I enter email with the following string
"d!sdasdsdwasd...@dsadsadas.edu" it splits the string to two. I was under
the impression that KeywordTokenizerFactory will treat the string as it is.

Following is the query debug result. There you can see it has split the word
"parsedquery":"+((DisjunctionMaxQuery((Exact_Word:d))
-DisjunctionMaxQuery((Exact_Word:sdasdsdwasd...@dsadsadas.edu)))~1)",

can someone please tell why it produce the query result as this

If I put a string without the "!" sign as below, the produced query will be
as below

"parsedquery":"+DisjunctionMaxQuery((Exact_Word:d_sdasdsdwasd_...@dsadsadas.edu))",.
This is what I expected solr to even with the "!" mark. with "_" mark it
wont do a string split and treats the string as it is

I thought if the KeywordTokenizerFactory is applied then it should return
the exact string as it is

Please help me to understand what is going wrong here