Hi, Solr Developer

  Thanks very much for your timely reply.

1.  I'm sorry, I have made a mistake, the total number of documents is 32
Million, not 320 Million.
2.  The system memory is large for solr index, OS total has 256G, I set the
solr tomcat HEAPSIZE="-Xms25G -Xmx100G"

-How many fields are you faceting on?

Reply:  9 fields I facet on.

- How many unique values does your facet fields have (approximately)?

Reply:  3 facet fields have one hundred unique values, other 6 facet fields'
unique values are between 3 to 15.

- What is the content of your facets (Strings, numbers?)

Reply:  9 fields are all numbers.

- Which facet.method do you use?

Reply:  Used the default facet.method=fc

And we test this scenario:  If the number of facet fields' unique values is
less we add facet.method=enum, there is a little to improve performance.

- What is the response time with faceting and a few thousand hits?

Reply:   <result name="response" numFound="2925" start="0">
       QTime is  <int name="QTime">6</int>

Best Regards,
Alice Yang
+86-021-51530666*41493
Floor 19,KaiKai Plaza,888,Wanhandu Rd,Shanghai(200042)