To be of any help we'd need to know what your documents look like, what
your queries look like, what is the specifications of your server? How much
heap is dedicated to Solr, how much free memory is available for the OS
file cache. You have to figure out the bottleneck. Is it CPU or RAM or
Disk? Maybe it's excessive garbage collection? Turn on GC logging and look
at GC activity.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.