Hi,

In my solrcofig.xml I have one Request Handler displaying the results using
Apache Velocity:

  <requestHandler name="/products" class="solr.SearchHandler">

And another with regular XML:
<requestHandler name="/search"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler">

I am seeing different results when I use these two handlers.

Search Query: hp|lync  (Or on the URL  q=hp%7Elync)

I see 0 results when I use the first handler (Velocity), but I see many results
(10’s) with the second handler. I am trying to debug why this problem occurs.
I am certain the problem is with the first handler, and I would be grateful if
anyone can help me debug this. I do not know Solr well enough, so a few
pointers could help.

1. First, I would like to know if class="solr.SearchHandler" and
class="org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler" are the same? If no,
what does "solr.SearchHandler" refer to?

2. Second, I am working with the source of Solr 4.7 (yes, it is  a bit old, but
I don’t think it is fundamentally changed). I have put log.debug() statements
in the org.apache.solr.response.VelocityResponseWriter.write() method to verify
that my query is not getting mangled with the URL encoding, and it is not. So,
since I am getting different results for the same queries, I am curious to see
what the core Solr engine is receiving when I run the same query from different
handlers. Could someone tell me the class which has the core Solr engine that
is used irrespective of which Request Handler makes the request? I am trying to
put debug statements into this class to log the value of the query parameter
that it receives. The results are different, so I think one or more parameters
are different.

Thank you in advance,
O. O.