Hello Vaio-Z-List

Am Donnerstag, den 08.10.2009, 02:24 +0200 schrieb Raphael Gradenwitz:
> Am Donnerstag, den 08.10.2009, 01:03 +0200 schrieb Mike:
> > I am using the latest karmic 2.6.31.11 kernel right now because
> > today's 2.6.31.12 update does not boot. My older kernel still contains
> > Norberts 0.9np1 module.
>
> That is right, my startup script only work with Norberts kernel module
> loaded with acpi_osi="!Windows 2006", I will next make a better script
> that will find out what kernel module is loaded by default to become
> more general and a little bit smarter.

[x] done

try the new upstart script (update):

wget -O "/etc/init/switch-x-to.conf" \
"http://global-social.net/files/switch-x-to.conf";

This script looks at the kernel-command-line from previous boot, that
makes it more secure and will mostly make an X-Server start possible.

Nevertheless the Kernel comandline needs

acpi_osi="!Windows 2006"

to work correct.

If the kernel comandline was faulty in previous boot, and the start of
an X-Server is not possible, it will rmmod Norberts module and insmod
the vanilla module in place and starts an X-Server on the intel
graphic-chip like it always did before....
That makes you not standing in the rain though it sometimes is very slow
but after reboot is normal again.

Look here as well:
http://global-social.net/tiki-view_blog_post.php?blogId=3&postId=4

Regards,

Raphael

(Please post and/or answer if possible always with
Thanks)