Breaking: South Sudan’s First Legal Counsel Resigns And Joins Opposition
2 comments
<http://www.nyamile.com/2016/09/17/breaking-south-sudans-first-legal-counsel-resigns-and-joins-opposition/#comments>

*Sept 17, 2016(Nyamilepedia)* —— South Sudan’s First Legal Counsel of the
Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Affairs, and the Legal Advisor to
the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Counsel Khan
GatRoum Tut Teny, resigns and joins the armed Opposition to fight “the
Tribal Government of the Republic of South Sudan.”
[image: Khan Gatroum Tut Teny, the First Legal Counsel in the Ministry of
Justice and Constitutional Affairs(Photo: supplied)]

Khan Gatroum Tut Teny, the First Legal Counsel in the Ministry of Justice
and Constitutional Affairs(Photo: supplied)

According to his resignation letter, extended to Nyamilepedia, Khan cites
that the Republic of South Sudan is a failed state that need a complete
overhaul to establish reforms, federalism and a new constitution that will
steer the country in the right direction.

Among other reasons, Khan cites the killing of his Nuer ethnic group by
Salva Kiir’s government, adnd war crimes that have forced majority of his
tribesmen to refugee camps within their own country or to the bush to fight
for change.

“I have decided not to work with the Government who is killing my own
people, the Nuer and keeping them in the UNMISS for many years” Counsel
Khan said.

“The leadership of the Government of the Republic of South Sudan , their
hands is full with the blood;” he continued.

The legal adviser also accuses the leaders under Salva Kiir of stealing
national wealth and living lucrative lifestyle when more than 50% of South
Sudan population live in poverty.

Khan, therefore, requests the Ministry of Justice to wish him well in his
new career in the bush as he legally decides so.

“Respectfully to your wise leadership and prompt justice, allow me to
submit the above mentioned subject to your learned administration for
consideration.” He said.

“Please accept this letter as formal notice of my resignation as First
Legal Counsel in the Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Affairs and
from my assignment as a Legal Adviser to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
and International Cooperation with effect from 8th /9/2016″ He states.

The Counsel joins the armed Opposition under the leadership of Dr. Riek
Machar Teny, the deposed First Vice President, Chairman and Commander in
Chief of the armed Opposition, SPLM/SPLA.

” light of the above, I am joining the Opposition who are already fighting
the Tribal Government of the Republic of South Sudan.” Khan declares.

This would be the second time for Counsel Khan to defect to SPLM/SPLA-IO
under Machar’s leadership within the last three years.

In other news, the armed Opposition is converging in Sudanese capital,
Khartoum, to decides on many objectives the Opposition is now going to take
in attempt to salvage a peace agreement that has collapsed in July this
year.
Share this:

   -

   -
   - inShare
   - Email

<http://www.nyamile.com/2016/09/17/breaking-south-sudans-first-legal-counsel-resigns-and-joins-opposition/?share=email&nb=1>
   - Print

<http://www.nyamile.com/2016/09/17/breaking-south-sudans-first-legal-counsel-resigns-and-joins-opposition/#print>
   -

Like this:
*Related*
[image: Makuei Lueth, a Propagandist of the year in South Sudan!]
<http://www.nyamile.com/2014/11/18/makuei-lueth-a-propagandist-of-the-year-in-south-sudan/>Makuei
Lueth, a Propagandist of the year in South Sudan!
<http://www.nyamile.com/2014/11/18/makuei-lueth-a-propagandist-of-the-year-in-south-sudan/>

In "Press Release"
[image: Ezekiel Lol is Cheaply Selling Kiir’s Government in the West]
<http://www.nyamile.com/2014/09/16/ezekiel-lol-is-cheaply-selling-kiirs-government-in-the-west/>Ezekiel
Lol is Cheaply Selling Kiir’s Government in the West
<http://www.nyamile.com/2014/09/16/ezekiel-lol-is-cheaply-selling-kiirs-government-in-the-west/>

In "Press Release"
[image: Ambassador Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth Diplomatic Tour To Australia Wrap
up]
<http://www.nyamile.com/2014/09/23/ambassador-ezekiel-lol-gatkuoth-diplomatic-tour-to-australia-wrap-up/>Ambassador
Ezekiel Lol Gatkuoth Diplomatic Tour To Australia Wrap up
<http://www.nyamile.com/2014/09/23/ambassador-ezekiel-lol-gatkuoth-diplomatic-tour-to-australia-wrap-up/>

In "Press Release"
2 comments

   - Lual Agor
   September 17, 2016 3:00 pm

<http://www.nyamile.com/2016/09/17/breaking-south-sudans-first-legal-counsel-resigns-and-joins-opposition/#comment-46494>

   Another man of integrity. Realized that thse system was too rotten for
   reform from the inside. Impunity rule rather than exception. Why would
   anyone want to keep kiir and his misfits. A big broom needed to sweep the
   sorry excuses for politicians out, once and for all.

<http://www.nyamile.com/2016/09/17/breaking-south-sudans-first-legal-counsel-resigns-and-joins-opposition/?replytocom=46494#respond>
   - Puok
   September 17, 2016 7:08 pm

<http://www.nyamile.com/2016/09/17/breaking-south-sudans-first-legal-counsel-resigns-and-joins-opposition/#comment-46495>

   Welcome, but do not betray Nuer by going back to Dinka tribal government

<http://www.nyamile.com/2016/09/17/breaking-south-sudans-first-legal-counsel-resigns-and-joins-opposition/?replytocom=46495#respond>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SouthSudanKob/CAJb14oquKnjESkjYNgyN4a1BJeoCP7retGrXEVxJKh0xhHOqpw%40mail.gmail.com.