Alliance For South Sudanese In Diaspora Welcomes Samantha Power’s Powerful
Remarks in South Sudan
Leave a comment
<http://www.nyamile.com/2016/09/17/alliance-for-south-sudanese-in-diaspora-welcomes-samantha-powers-powerful-remarks-in-south-sudan/#respond>

By George Imuro, MD,

[image: alliance]

*Sept 17, 2016(Nyamilepedia)* —– The alliance for South Sudanese in
Diaspora welcomes the strong language used by the United States government
in the person of the permanent Ambassador to the United Nations, Mrs.
Samantha Power, in expressing outrage and condemning the Junta Regime of
Salva Kiir Mayerdit for its killing and harassment of Members of the Civil
Societies with whom we express solidarity.

We are quiet certain the government of the United state is aware of the
killing of Emmanuel Wani but also the exiling of many members of the Civil
Societies who had to escape the country for fear of their lives.

In solidarity with our fellow Civil Society members in South Sudan and in
agreement with the government and the People of United states of America,
We condemn in the strongest term the killing of those who strive for a
better south Sudan for all not just for some few.

The junta government must not be given a free ride when it commits
atrocities against its very own citizens. We call for freedom of
expressions and associations, which are at the core of democracy and are
indelible natural rights.

By speaking out and holding the regime accountable, the government of the
United State of America will end up saving lives because every south
Sudanese know Juba listens when America speaks. We applaud Mrs. Samantha
Power for speaking out on behalf of all whose voices have been muted by
death or the threats thereof.

George Imuro, MD

Executive Director

Alliance for South Sudanese in Diaspora

A Washington Base south Sudanese Civil Society organization

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SouthSudanKob/CAJb14op7Y6TC7NrAg119JsWXZvxsYN51z4_Wks6xFFrCJP0wyw%40mail.gmail.com.