The spirit of Boris, Twicism and Dukism is at a dreadful rise on
social media Posted: September 17, 2016 by *PaanLuel Wël* in Commentary
<https://paanluelwel.com/category/commentary/>, Contributing Writers
<https://paanluelwel.com/category/contributing-writers/>, Opinion Articles
<https://paanluelwel.com/category/opinion-articles/>, Opinion Writers
<https://paanluelwel.com/category/opinion-writers/>
1
<https://paanluelwel.com/2016/09/17/bor-community-needs-rescue-urgently/#comments>

Rate This

*What is wrong with Kolnyang County, Anyidi County, Makuach County, Baidit
County, Jalle County, Maar County, Wangulei County, Kongoor County,
Weernyol County, Payuel County, Pajut County, and Padiet County? Bor
community needs rescue, URGENTLY*

*By Kur John Aleu, Beijing, China*
[image: Agwer Panyang]

The newly appointed governor of Jonglei state, Col. Philip Agwer Panyang,
with Defense Minister Gen. Kuol Manyang Juuk and Information Minister
Michael Makwei Lueth in Bor, Jonglei state

*September 17, 2016 (SSB) —* A community which was known of its resilience,
persistence, patriotism and as brainpower in the then Sudan and even among
the Southern tribes is now getting fragmented both politically and socially
from its known prominence, failing a simple task of putting her house in
order with the whole of its diverse intellect.

The Giant Greater Bor Community association in the USA is dead, I called it
giant because most of her members are presumably educated youth and
therefore are expected to show high degree of political maturity and to act
as agents of positive change back home.

The spirit of Borism, Twicism and Dukism is at a dreadful rise on social
media with laughable egos…..  Fair distribution of political seats and
administrative units is dead….accusations and counter-accusations on new
discovered national political allies probably traceable to Dec 2013 is the
order of discussions at tea places. Are we heading toward the right
direction? I think No.

How did our great legends, Deng Malual, Ajang Duot and Mabior Ngueny
managed to keep the community united during their eras  when they were not
even educated and didn’t know much about importance of unity and peaceful
coexistence. This brings in the question of leadership, could it be
leadership problem? Yes I think there is a leadership gap in our community.

Who is a leader? Take from me, a leader is someone who organizes, manages
and shows community a right direction toward prosperity, a leader must be
wise, extraordinary and decisive, do we have such leaders now in our
communities, I think no. instead the above conventional leadership’s values
are substituted with Big body size preferably belly stomach because there
is a misleading perception now days were fatness is associated with
intelligence and education.

Wealthy as a known fact from corrupt sources and by the way thieves are now
days the role model, to make things worse there is a way they have made
their ways into the minds of villagers and when you attempt to tell them
that Mr. so with that belly stomach and smart car can’t make a good a
leader then you are like telling a monkey that banana is not sweet.

The recent creation of more counties in Jonglei state and especially in
former Bor County has really exposed how naïve, selfish and divisive our
decisions makers are. How will I tell my dad who doesn’t know geographical
direction in English the name of my county, Bor East…South….North ….Twic
west…Anyidi-Makuach County (the most ridiculous of all).

What is wrong with Kolnyang County, Anyidi County, Makuach County, Baidit
County, Jalle County, Maar County, Wangulei County, Kongoor County,
Weernyol County, Payuel County, Pajut County, and Padiet County? Wouldn’t
it be easy and simple? What criteria was used then to divide the then Bor
County into Eight counties? I think no one will benefit from such division
being planted in our watch.

Ladies and gentlemen I was lucky to work with certain organization in
Jonglei state in May 2016 and I managed to move from Bor through Twic East
to Duk counties, what I saw with my own eyes needs all of us to unify our
energies and confront it together otherwise our community pride will just
remain a history.

The devastations of the previous wars are still visible as if they happened
yesterday, and some former payams which are now promoted to counties are
only identified by trees, it is sad.

This article is therefore a wakeup call to the great sons and daughters of
Bor community that our inter-relationship is not politically or
administratively bonded but has depth roots in our blood and therefore we
shouldn’t allow our social fabrics that were mended by God not even any
human being to be broken by politicians who are even politically illiterate.

Let revive our glory and unity by revisiting our leadership criteria at our
individual sub-levels, we need people who knows the value of our unity not
division-profiteers.

*The author, Kur John Aleu, is South Sudanese student at Beijing Jiaotong
University in China.*

*The opinion expressed here is solely the view of the writer. The veracity
of any claim made are the responsibility of the author, not PaanLuel Wël:
South Sudanese Bloggers (SSB) website. If you want to submit an opinion
article or news analysis, please email it to paanluel2...@gmail.com
<http://gmail.com>. SSB do reserve the right to edit material before
publication. Please include your full name, email address and the country
you are writing.*

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SouthSudanKob/CAJb14oooxwE2xfyAbWpkMvyvWW9uH%3DJP0wx4hfrJUgw8bGkM2w%40mail.gmail.com.