Why Nhial Bol quit politics
Obaj Shago | September 21, 2016
<http://www.eyeradio.org/nhial-bol-quit-politics/> | 1:08 pm
[image: Nhial Bol (The Niles photo)] Nhial Bol (The Niles photo)

The Former Chairman of Sawa-Sawa political party and former editor of the
Citizen Newspaper, Nhial Bol Aken, has left the SPLM in Opposition.

Mr. Nhial is veteran journalist and was the chairman of the Sawa-Sawa
party, which he formed after abandoning his career in Journalism.

In February this year, he joined the SPLM- IO, saying he hoped he would
contribute to change under the IO.

But he now says the leadership of IO is not serious with reforms in the
peace agreement.

“For the last 7 months I have been in IO, trying observe the provisions of
the reforms which they have proposed in the compromise agreement, I found
that the pervious and the current leadership of the IO are not serious
about reforms,” Mr Bol told Eye Radio.

“I didn’t go there because of position or anything; I went there with the
hope that will change this country but it never worked. So wherever you
don’t see yourself, you’ve to leave.”

He said he’s going to live a “private life”.  The SPLM-IO in Juba is yet to
comment.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SouthSudanKob/CAJb14orMNNuBM1iXKGCwwCyLrERYynnK-aDyvyH4Qi5q3F4Ucw%40mail.gmail.com.