Clashes erupt at Bringi south of Wau town
WAU (22 Sep.)

Fighting has erupted at Bringi area in Wau County in South Sudan’s
Western Bahr al Ghazal State between government forces and armed
opposition fighters allied to Riek Machar, a rebel commander said.

Col. Nicola Gabriel Adam, spokesman for the SPLA-IO forces in Wau,
told Radio Tamazuj that clashes are still continuing until now at
Bringi area south of Wau town.

"We were surprised by movements of government forces heading to Bringi
area, but our forces were monitoring everything, and we clashed with
them, so the clashes are still continuing as I speak,"said Adam.

 Adam accused the government forces of attacking their bases using
heavy guns.”The information we have obtained is that they have three
Land Cruiser vehicles, two tanks and forces comprise of militias,” he
explained.

However, the rebel commander reiterated their commitment to implement
the peace agreement signed by President Salva Kiir and armed
opposition leader Riek Machar.

Meanwhile, local residents confirmed the clashes, saying they were
hearing sounds of heavy artilleries since 11:00 am until now.

Radio Tamazuj couldn’t reach government officials to comment on the matter.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/SouthSudanKob/CAJb14ooR%3Dpf6%3DaW2tdOkbxSfz4tjR0eR4sE3wZ0nbbFw%2BGkZuQ%40mail.gmail.com.