Third soldier dies in Wau food poisoning
Magdoline Joseph | August 10, 2017 | 1:49 pm
One more soldier has died in the suspected food poisoning incident in Wau,
the SPLA spokesperson has announced.The unnamed soldier died days after
being hospitalized with the food poisoning, alongside over 50 other
soldiers.This brings to three the food poisoning death toll.
The other two – a commander and a private – died shortly upon reaching the
military hospital in Wau last week.In an interview with Eye Radio this
morning, Brigadier Lul Ruai said five people have been arrested in
connection with the incident.“I can confirm to you that five people have
been arrested in connection [with the incident],” Brig Ruai said.
The incident occurred on Tuesday last week when 60 soldiers undergoing
UNMISS-facilitated training on human rights ate the allegedly laced food at
a local hotel at Grinti area.
Earlier, the deputy spokesman of the SPLA, Santo Domic, said some of the
suspects are workers of the hotel which was contracted by the UNMISS to
provide meals during the 3-day workshop.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/southsudankob
View this message at
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"South Sudan Info - The Kob" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to SouthSudanKob@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/SouthSudanKob.
To view this discussion on the web visit
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.