Le samedi 25 décembre 2010 12:09:41, Jacques Rebourcier a écrit :
> Hi all (and happy hristmas !) ,
>
> I decided to resume the dvpt of a 3 years old bugged home made game (need
>  to fix some physics issues).
>
> So I installed soya and tutorial on my mandriva (2010.0 and also tried
> 2010.1).
>
> But I can't manage to get ode working properly (for my game and tutorial
>  too), I get this fatal error each time a collision occurs :
> [
> ODE INTERNAL ERROR 2: Please call ODE initialization (dInitODE() or
>  similar) before using the library in dCollide()
> ]
>
> Seems to me this is a compatibility issue between soya 14 and libode 11.1 :
> libode1-0.11.1-1mdv2010.0
>
> See this on soya web site for the new version (15rc1) :
> [
> * January 2009 : Soya3D 0.15rc1 * ODE 10 compatibility (required) *
> ]
>
> Could someone confirm this version will fix my pb ?
>
> Could someone help me to find mandriva rpm for soya15rc1 ? (only found 14
> version on official media -including cooker, is jiba gone to another distro
>  ?) or  should I install from sources ?
>
> Thanks
> Jacques

Hi,

Effectively, a build fresh of 15rc1 fixed the ode problem.

Still have issues with my simulation stability (shperes interpenetrating
terrain, popping, dancing or traversing), depending of parameters.

Is there a documentation of ode integration, and where to tune parameters (as
for example simualtion stepping (in regards to round duration) ?

Best regards