Sam Lasiter was late for duty.  The first time in years.  His secretary had to
call and check in on him.  The time was 0830, and the boss usually was in the
office before 0700, dishing out work by 0800 when the first of his staff
arrived.  This was unusual.

  Lasiter apologized, and quickly got ready.  He had the best night of sleep
he had in months, possibly years.  He felt like a different person.  Hopefully
the Doc could give him another dose of what ever it was he gave him the night
before to finish the sleep catch up.

  On his way up to his office, he passed a Cardassian shop keeper on his way
to a coffee shop he frequented for it's 'real' brew of java.  He sat next to a
Bajoran while he waited for his double latte to be prepared, and something hit
him.  A strange thought.....  But he was not sure what it was, so he just
ignored it.

   After getting his coffee, Admiral Lasiter headed to his office.  He had
just gotten out of the lift, when it hit him again.  Pivoting on his toes,
Lasiter re-entered the turbolift and headed for sickbay.  

   He entered completely ignoring the staff there, especially those that were
asking if they could help him.  Walked right up to Brennan's office, his empty
office.

   "Damn...."  Lasiter said aloud, but to no one in particular.

   He turned to leave only to find Dr. Basco standing a few paces behind him.

   "Ahhh, Dr. Basco.  You will do nicely." the CinC said obviously something
on his mind.  Either that or he needed serious mental help.

   "When Dr. Brennan arrives this morning, please ask him to come to my office
upstairs.  I would like to talk to the both of you about a revelation I had
this morning while waiting for my coffee."

   {OOC: I am taking a minor GM liberity.  Smack me or re-write if you object)

  "I can do that, sir.  But if you don't mind me asking, is everything ok?" 
she asked.

   "It will soon be just fine.  I will see you later, with Dr. Brennan." 
Lasiter said heading out for real this time.

  "Aye, sir." Basco answered, a bit confused.  'Better tell the boss...' she
thought to her self as Lasiter left.

   "Basco to Brennan.  I am sorry to bother you before you headed in for
rounds, but I just had a strange visit from Admiral Lasiter.  He wants to see
you and I up in his office when you get in this morning.  He was acting,
well... pre-occupied would be about right...  I thought that you would want to
know asap."

   {response}

Reply via email to