On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:48:36AM -0800, Mike McCune wrote:

>>> we should consider adding the user creation steps to spacewalk-setup
>>
>> Do you mean spacewalk-setup the package, or spacewalk-setup the file
>> in /usr/bin?
>
> The file in /usr/bin :)

That's what I feared.

Ideally, spacewalk-setup (the file, and the Spacewalk/Setup.pm) should
how have anything embedded database or XE specific. That
spacewalk-setup should receive connect string to use, and that connect
string should point to a working, setup database user account.

We could do something like oracle-xe-utils or spacewalk-oracle-xe
(package) to hold any helper scripts. But we should aim at removing
even the last embedded db bits away from spacewalk-setup, not add new
ones.

I've added the "create user spacewalk" SQL to

        https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/OracleXeSetup

and I'm actually considering removing the part about
http://127.0.0.1:9000/apex from that page, so the list of steps that
you need to do on Oracle XE prior to running spacewalk-setup should
get pretty short.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat