On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 08:42:23AM +0200, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Jesus M. Rodriguez wrote:
>> yum/0.7/proxy
>> yum/0.7/server
>
> IMO this does not bring any benefit. A lot of packages are common. If
> you install proxy, yum will not install Spacewalk server packages and
> vice versa.

Right. On the other hand, the split will make it easier to repo sync
just the proxy repo to your Spacewalk server. Plus, it's what we do
with Satellite and RHN Proxy as well.

>       But if you install Proxy or Spacewalk, yum will install new
> client tools.

Well, that's why Jesus had that yum/0.7/client there as well.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Software Engineer, Satellite Engineering, Red Hat