On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 02:12:56PM -0400, Greg Fuller wrote:

> I'm trying to create a custom spacewalk entitlement certificate.  We're
> trying to get rid of the "Spacewalk Public Cert" being set as the
> default organization (which shows up in the main GUI all the time) and
> change it to our organization name.  From my digging it looks like we
> need to create a custom entitlement certificate in order for this to
> work.  I've following directions at the following 2 sites to try and get
> this working:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/CertCreation
> http://www.cs.rug.nl/~jurjen/ApprenticesNotes/ch11.html#Installing_Space
> walk
>
> The 2nd link has more detail on creating the gpg keys for signing.
>
> My spacewalk install (v.6) did not come with the CertUtils.pm library,
> so I had to manually download that from the location below and put it in
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/RHN/
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/browser/web/modules/rhn/RHN/CertUtils
> .pm?rev=c43c7764d22ca8a78fd6f446b0892b6dec5e78a8
>

> Now when I run the gen-oss-sat-cert.pl script I get the following

So, my question is: why don't we ship the gen-oss-sat-cert.pl in some
of our packages, and (looking at
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/attachment/wiki/CertCreation/gen-oss-sat-cert.pl)
if the RHN::CertUtils is essential, also tship that one?

Well, since RHN::CertUtils only has that one passphrase_prompt
function in it, we might just as well inline it in
gen-oss-sat-cert.pl.

But what is the status of gen-oss-sat-cert.pl is the main question.

--
Jan Pazdziora
Senior Software Engineer, Satellite Engineering, Red Hat