On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 03:25:38PM -0600, Shelby, James wrote:
> I did see some tito references but nothing that shows exactly how to build
> them or at least the document doesn't match the current sources.

I've made some updates to

        https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/ReleaseProcess

now.

For local test builds, you chdir to the directory where the
package you're interested in lives (java/ for spacewalk-java,
for example), and you do

        tito build --srpm --test

which will give you .src.rpm of that package based on your
current HEAD. You can then build the rpm on your Spacewalk
installation.

You can also do

        tito build --rpm --test

which will do it in one step (.src.rpm + the target .rpm) on your
local machine. This is of course only useful if you run Spacewalk
directly on the machine where you have the Spacewalk repo checked
out or if they are the same OS and arch.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you hit some issue.

--
Jan Pazdziora