Hi,

Am Montag, 7. März 2011, 15:05:36 schrieb Miroslav Suchý:
> On 03/07/2011 02:28 PM, Michael Calmer wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > the attached patch set implements updateinfo to errata import in
> > spacewalk-repo-sync.
> > This patch also requires two small changes to yum. Patches are also
> > attached.
> >
> > This patch include also two enhancements. It adds errata_from to store the
> > "from" attribute of the updateinfo into the database.
> > Seconds it adds a URL attribute to bugs which make it possible to show
> > links in the web page also for 3rd party bugs linked to other bugzilla
> > instances than bugzilla.redhat.com.
>
> Unfortunately Spacewalk is not upstream for yum. We are just upstream
> for yum-rhn-plugin.
> But if I'm reading those patches correctly it should not have affect all
> other patches, right?

If you do not apply patch 0008, you may get only the newest patch for a
package. This also depends on how the <id> in updateinfo is created.
SUSE uses often the same id for the same package (e.g. kernel patch) and
increase the version number. The idea of how id should be used seems to be
different :-)
yum create a hash using id as a key. This has the consequence, that only the
last patch (normally highest version number) is part of the returned notices.
Older are ignored.

The "restart_suggested" may need small changes to patch 0001. I am not a
python guru, but I think if you call

 if notice['restart_suggested']:

and the key "restart_suggested" does not exist, you will get a KeyError.
So maybe something like

 if "restart_suggested" in notice and notice['restart_suggested']:

would workaround this.

> --
> Miroslav Suchy
> Red Hat Satellite Engineering