Dne 24.5.2011 09:52, Jan Pazdziora napsal(a):
Do we need it at all? Wouldn't two startup scripts (taskomatic and the
search server) plus log4j achieve the same, without a dependency on
the external piece of software?

It is not as easy as it looks(*). At least for me. I tried that and after 15 minutes of investigation I gave up and find out that keeping tanukiwrapper in place is not bad option.

(*) It is wired in some classes as well. E.g. look into java/code/src/com/redhat/rhn/taskomatic/core/BaseDaemon.java
and
search-server/spacewalk-search/src/java/com/redhat/satellite/search/Main.java

Mirek