1. stop spacewalk
2. run vacuum on your spacewalk database
3. start spacewalk
4. run repo-sync and notice it is faster than before, but gets slower and slower

Have a look at BZ#705935 for details.

Am 19.08.2011 12:06, schrieb Ville Salmela:
Hi,

after tuning postgresql for spacewalk-repo-sync for too long I came to
conclusion that spacewalk-repo-sync is just too slow itself. Is there
anything we can do to make it run faster? This is Spacewalk 1.5 on
postgresql. I think it was a bit faster on Spacewalk 1.4, or maybe not.
The lan link is not a problem here and the server should also be good
enough for this kind of purpose.

btw I found app called pgtune:

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgtune/

..which automatically adjusts your postgresql.conf for your hardware.
Seems to work ok.

br,

Ville Salmela

Solvention Ltd. & Co. KG