On 04/11/2012 02:28 PM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 11:43:07AM +0200, Johannes Renner wrote:
>>
>> I agree that clones of clones should get CM, CN, etc. instead of
>> CL-CL-kernel*.
>> How would you propose to detect clones for implementing this algorithm?
>
> How about having a new database table with prefixes and replacements,
> where the prefix could be empty (NULL) to mean prepend. Record with
> the longest matching prefix would provide the replacement string.
>
> This way you'd be able to have sane defaults in Spacewalk and every
> downstream product could customize this mapping table to meet their
> business requirements.

Did I get that right, the table for RH would look like this:

Prefix | Replacement
--------------------
RH     | CL
CL     | CM
CM     | CN
CN     | CO
...    | ...

While for us it would look like this:

<NULL> | CL-
CL     | CM
CM     | CN
CN     | CO

When cloning, we wouldn't check if we actually have a clone already,
but just lookup the table for the longest match and replace?

Thanks,
Johannes

--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer