As you may know I visited Debian Bug Squashing Party at Salzburg this week. And together with Bernd Zeimetz we tried to package Spacewalk packages to official Debian repository.

And we succeeded in most important stuff. We reviewed, packaged and tested those packages:
* python-ethtool
* rhnlib (in debian python-rhn)
* rhn-client-tools (as oposed to Fedora, all rhn-client-tools, rhn-setup, rhn-check and rhn-setup-gnome in Debian they are all in one package)
* rhnsd
* apt-spacewalk (transport protocol for apt-get)
* and we tested Simon patch for apt. The code was recently refactored, so I had to rebased it and test it. The result is http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=677871

All packages are:
Your package contains new components which requires manual editing of
the override file.  It is ok otherwise, so please be patient.  New
packages are usually added to the override file about once a week.

So they should land in Sid soon. And in one month is freeze so few weeks (or months, you know Debian) it can land in stable.

We had not time for the rest of packages (rhncfg, osad, rhn-custom-info etc.). So we are still looking for Debian Developer who will package the rest or clients packages.

And now some photos:
http://www.salzburg-cityguide.at/de/partyzone/detail/debian-bug-squashing-party---conova_102492/debian-bug-squashing-party---conova_87847?page=1#title
--
Miroslav Suchy