On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:49:04AM -0400, Paul Robert Marino wrote:
> I have noticed that we have gone past the expected release date set
> for spacewalk version 1.8 is there any updated ETA on when it it will
> be released.
> there are a lot of bug fixes in 1.8 that have not been back ported to
> 1.7 which are a show stoppers for many people. so I was wondering is

While I agree that we fixed a decent amount of bugs, I'd hardly
describe them show stoppers in vast majority of the cases. Were any
of the bugs regressions against 1.6 that did not have a workaround?

> there an updated ETA?

No updated ETA. My personal estimate is two to three months.

> Is there a list of what still needs to be
> completed?

>From the list on the 1.8 milestone page, we have yet to see some
patch for the systemd feature. From things not on the list, the
latest cobbler packages in Fedoras and EPEL made Spacewalk
unusable. Since upgrade to the next Spacewalk version includes yum
upgrade, people would pick the latest cobbler package and ruin their
installations. We want to avoid sending people that path.

> Is there a list of what needs testing so we can help
> further this along?

Features listed on the 1.8 page, as well as all the MODIFIED / ON_QA
bugzillas. It would sure be nice to see community chime in with
feedback about Spacewalk nightly stability.

Please note that the ABRT support is in the Spacewalk nightly yum
repos as of ten minutes ago, so people are welcome to start testing
that.

--
Jan Pazdziora