On 08/17/2012 01:20 PM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 01:02:38PM +0200, Johannes Renner wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> apparently the method getColumnLabel() of class ResultSetMetaData returns
>> the column
>> label in uppercase with Oracle 11 (using ojdbc5.jar). Therefore an
>> equals("cve") in
>> SecurityErrataOverview.java is not sufficient anymore and leads to an empty
>> "CVEs"
>> column in the listing of relevant security errata:
>
> Is there a configuration (session level or something) option which
> would make it lowercase? Because I assume that if this is the case, we
> will have many more places where we simply expect the column name to
> be lowercase, so I'd rather make getColumnLabel keep its old
> behaviour.

Not that I would be aware of such an option.

Further note that this is the only call to getColumnLabel/getColumnName, at
least in
the Java parts of spacewalk. Not sure about similar stuff in Python, Perl and
others,
but I don't think this would cause so many additional problems.

Another possible fix that I just tried does unfortunately not fix the problem:
I saw
that in the elaborator query "CVE" is written in uppercase, so I lowercased it
there,
but it doesn't work (see "errata_cves_elab" in Errata_queries.xml). The Oracle
seems
to return it in uppercase anyways, no matter how it is written in the query ...

--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer