On 10/21/2013 01:06 PM, Michael Mraka wrote:
> Johannes Renner wrote:
> % Hello,
> %
> % While working on the Spacewalk redesign, we so far used less.js
> client-side. This is fine for
> % development purposes, but it's however not the recommended way to go for
> production environments,
> % see [1]. Rather we probably want to compile the spacewalk.less into
> spacewalk.css during the rpm
> % build of spacewalk-branding. This means: 'BuildRequire' a less compiler,
> call it during build and
> % install only the compiled *.css onto the server.
> %
> % Now, since I would want to modify the .spec of spacewalk-branding
> accordingly, my question is the
> % following: Do you have any preference of a specific compiler package to
> use? It would be good if
> % we use a package that either already exists, or does not have many
> dependencies, so it is easy to
> % build for all of the relevant distributions.
> %
> % The most valuable options as far as I can see are:
> %
> % - nodejs-less (there is nodejs-less in fedora, but it depends on nodejs, of
> course)
> % - lesscss-engine (Java wrapper around less.js, no dependency on nodejs)
> % - install less as ruby gem (requires ruby, I didn't test this one)
> % - python-lesscpy (re-implementation based on Python Lex-Yacc, fails for our
> current .less)
>
> Hello Johannes,
>
> nodejs-less and python-lesscpy are already available both in Fedora and RHEL
> (via EPEL) so we prefer one of these.

Fine, I modified the .spec file of spacewalk-branding to depend on nodejs-less.
We just pushed the
branch to the upstream repo and it would be really nice if someone of you could
review my commits
and maybe even try out if the package builds correctly?

I'm talking about these commits:

- cb3d206cf8c46f6afaccb03fb2060da16ab45ed8
- 12ce0476ba547fade1cbe3819e77fd560de7fdb0

Thank you,
Johannes

--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer