On 28/11/13 15:06, Bo Maryniuk wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 02:55:59PM +0100, Michael Mraka wrote:
>> Is that 10KB of images really that ugly / big problem that we need to
>> replace them with 14MB ttf font? I don't think so.
>
> I am wondering what is the problem of once downloading 14MB in a datacenter,
> usually local network? It looks big vs gifs, but the benefit is incomparable.

I think in this case, for one page, and 10 language names, the use of a
font is overkill. There is no real benefit apart of the scaling.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany