On 20/12/13 10:57, Silvio Moioli wrote:
> I guess so, even though I do not understand why you would want to do that.
>
> Idea is that the boot image is used by default before any kickstart. We
> want any new bare-metal system to automatically appear in Spacewalk as
> soon as it is connected to the network and powered on, to have it
> "inventoried" and ease a subsequent kickstart.

The only purpose of the boot image is to add the necessary intelligence
to a bare-metal system to get out of its state of bare-metal plus some
inventory capabilities.

However, from the user perspective, the machine is empty. It has no OS yet.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany