On 12/17/2014 04:41 PM, Stephen Herr wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> In preparation for Spacewalk 2.3 I have merged the perl-removal branch
> into master, which (among other things) drops support for solaris and
> monitoring. This is a large change, involving the deletion of many
> database tables and obsoleting many packages. I will work to get master
> back into a stable state, but I fully expect that there will be things
> that are broken in the short-term. We need to work everything out now so
> that Spacewalk 2.3 is stable and functional.
>
> If you notice problems related to solaris or monitoring being mentioned
> in remaining pages, installers, tools, or problems related to upgrading
> schema or packages, please help fix them or point them out to me so that
> we can get everything stable for 2.3.

Monitoring integrated somehow with the overview/alerts page.

Will some infrastructure remain in place so that in the future some
external monitoring system can be plugged in?

We have a plugin that sends Spacewalk data -> Nagios and it could make
sense providing the reverse. Spacewalk would offer just a "coord" that
can be plugged into some monitoring system with an adaptor and you would
see some basic status of the systems registered in both inside Spacewalk.

If there are ideas around it, it could enable our team to contribute to
that.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - http://www.suse.com/

SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB
21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany