Hello Spacewalkers,

as you may already noticed, we enabled Travis CI [1] for Spacewalk Github
account several weeks ago. Since then, few bugs were fixed and now it works
with every package in our git except some thirdparty packages in 'spec-tree'
directory (if they are explicitly requiring Oracle RPMs or are not buildable on
Fedora 21 for any reason).

The only thing we are testing at the moment is if we are able to build RPM
package(s) from sources - yes, we are building RPMs on Travis Ubuntu machines!
Basically, it's just syntax check where we are compiling java classes, running
checkstyle, pylint etc.

It's beneficial mainly for pull request processing - contributor can see why
his patch didn't pass and post additional patch shortly, doesn't have to wait
days until someone tries his patch and pokes him back. It's also fork-friendly,
so you can easily enable building for your own account.

Currently, builds are triggered on every new or updated pull request and push
into master branch. Only packages affected by these commits will be built.

[1] https://travis-ci.org/spacewalkproject/spacewalk

Regards,
--
Jan Dobes