On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 4:21 PM Stefan Bluhm <redhat....@bluhm-de.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been working quite a lot on the yum3 replacement. Dnf does deviate
> quite a bit on the provided functionality but I believe I have almost
> achieved functionality parity.
>
> One bit missing is are the updateinfo/errata notes. Does anyone of you know
> how I can replace yum's yum.update_md.UpdateNotice with the dnf api? I was
> not able to find anything that provides a similar object.
>
> Also is there any spec document available for the reposync and/or yum plugin?
> On some bits, I am not actually sure if I am providing exactly the same
> functionality or if I am reading the purpose of the functions correctly. So
> this adds a lot of uncertainty for me on the testing.

Are you trying to get the XML from the repo or just get a particular
erratum notice? If the former, DNF's reposync API will give you the
full updateinfo.xml anyway. If the latter, you could look at the the
dnf updateinfo subcommand code[1] or the dnfdaemon Updateinfo code[2].
Those two examples show you how to grab updateinfo objects and do
something with them.

Do you have in-progress code available somewhere?

[1]:
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/dnf/blob/master/dnf/cli/commands/updateinfo.py
[2]:
https://github.com/manatools/dnfdaemon/blob/master/python/dnfdaemon/server/backend.py#L546