Good that you're making progress. I run RHN Satellites, but just worked through setting up an OEL kickstart, so I may have experience useful to you. Keep posting to the list with issues. I'm telecommuting tomorrow, so will be in reach of my Satellites.
On 2013-05-09 15:50, Alyson Calhoun wrote: > Hi, > > No, I won't yell :) > > Yes I do. I actually just fixed the issue. I reinstalled Spacewalk - and made sure my DNS entry was responding. > > Now I'm stuck on actually kickstarting a system (more DNS issues) > > Will work on this tomorrow. > > Thanks for your response though. > > On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Spacewalk User <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Don't yell at me for asking, but you do have the localhost entry in /etc/hosts, right? Like: >> >> # Do not remove the following line, or various programs >> # that require network functionality will fail. >> 127.0.0.1 localhost.localhost localhost >> >> On 2013-05-09 9:40, Alyson Calhoun wrote: >> >>> I've been following instructions from this page: http://blog.xebia.com/2011/12/19/how-to-walk-with-spacewalk/ [2] and have successfully added/synced packages. >>> >>> The next step is to add a kickstart distribution. >>> >>> After reading other posts, I have tried disabling SELINUX, but get the same: >>> >>> THE SERVER EXPERIENCED A PROBLEM WHICH PREVENTED YOUR REQUEST FROM BEING FILLED OUT. IT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE TO EXECUTE THIS ACTION AT THIS TIME. >>> >>> PLEASE HELP US CORRECT THIS PROBLEM BY CONTACTING US WITH DETAILS OF HOW YOU RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE. >>> >>> I checked /var/log/tomcat6/catalina.out and see this message >>> >>> 2013-05-09 08:34:53,823 [RHN Message Dispatcher] ERROR com.redhat.rhn.common.messaging.ActionExecutor - com.redhat.rhn.common.messaging.MessageExecuteException: TraceBackAction can't find localhost! >>> com.redhat.rhn.common.messaging.MessageExecuteException: TraceBackAction can't find localhost! >>> at com.redhat.rhn.frontend.events.TraceBackAction.getSubject(TraceBackAction.java:51) >>> at com.redhat.rhn.frontend.events.BaseMailAction.execute(BaseMailAction.java:41) >>> at com.redhat.rhn.common.messaging.ActionExecutor.run(ActionExecutor.java:69) >>> at com.redhat.rhn.common.messaging.MessageDispatcher.run(MessageDispatcher.java:58) >>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679) >>> >>> It's complaining it can't find localhost. >>> >>> Is there a setting in Spacewalk that points to an IP for localhost? Could someone tell me what I've done wrong? >>> >>> I'm using RHEL 6.3 and Spacewalk 1.9 >>> >>> Thanks >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> Spacewalk-list mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/spacewalk-list [1] >> >> _______________________________________________ >> Spacewalk-list mailing list >> [email protected] >> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/spacewalk-list [1] > > _______________________________________________ > Spacewalk-list mailing list > [email protected] > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/spacewalk-list [1] Links: ------ [1] https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/spacewalk-list [2] http://blog.xebia.com/2011/12/19/how-to-walk-with-spacewalk/
_______________________________________________ Spacewalk-list mailing list [email protected] https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/spacewalk-list
