Hi Only yesterday did I sort out my certificate issues; thought I do not have a 'real' signed cert: I created a self-signed one, thought I, not Spacewalk was the signing party. However for the approach you need this is the same.
As such: RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSl-CERT = text version of your root-CA (the one signing your server cert) The rest should be relatively straight forward using what other did (and i adapted) in/from https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2012-February/msg00129.html Best -Jonathan On 05/09/2013 11:47 PM, Benedetto Vassallo wrote: Hi all, I want to use a real (not self-signed) ssl certificate for my spacewalk server. I have 3 .pem files (private key, certification chain and the certificate itself). If I configure the apache ssl config file (/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf) to use that files, I can browse into my spacewalk server without the browser tell me the certificate is not valid. What I want to ask is: 1) Is it possible to use the same certificate inside spacewalk (e.g. osad)? If yes, how I can generate a certificate like RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSl-CERT starting from my .pem files? 2) If is not possible, is it safe to use my certificate in apache ssl.conf and the original RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSl-CERT inside spacewalk or I can broken something with this? Regards. -- Jonathan Hoser, M.Sc. Institute of Bioinformatics and System Biology ________________________________ Helmholtz Zentrum München Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH) Ingolstädter Landstr. 1 85764 Neuherberg www.helmholtz-muenchen.de Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir´in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Günther Wess und Dr. Nikolaus Blum Registergericht: Amtsgericht München HRB 6466 USt-IdNr: DE 129521671
_______________________________________________ Spacewalk-list mailing list [email protected] https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/spacewalk-list
