Thanks, Todd.  I can't even get the 'completed actions' screen to come up.  I 
don't ever get the opportunity to select items to archive, then delete.

ShawnM

From: "[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>" 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Reply-To: "[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>" 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Date: Monday, May 13, 2013 1:53 PM
To: "[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>" 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Cc: "[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>" 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>, 
"[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>" 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk-list Digest, Vol 60, Issue 21

Shawn,

If you're just trying to delete them, I would first archive them then delete. 
Spacewalk 1.8 added this feature.

I had to select 100 at a time after I archived them though, or I would get the 
same errors. I had over 15000 actions and was able to archive them all at once, 
then I deleted by selecting 100 at a time.

I also then went to 'Task Schedules' and cleaned up or changed how often some 
tasks run.

hope this helps?


Todd Walters
Sr System Software Programmer / Linux
UniGroup, Inc.





Today's Topics:

  1. Re: Clear completed actions list spacewalk 1.9 (Shawn Maceno)


----------------------------------------------------------------------



On 5/13/13 4:53 AM, "Tomas Lestach" 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

>> I've been trying to clean up the failed, completed, and archived
>> actions lists in my spacewalk server, and am having trouble with the
>> completed actions list. I'm not sure how many thousands of actions
>> are in the list, but clicking on the link to it, and waiting for
>> quite some time yields an internal server error. The tomcat
>> catalina.out log yields the following: "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
>> GC overhead limit exceeded" and
>> "com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#0"
>> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space. I've raised my timeouts
>> in apache to 1200 seconds, and have reached the point where Tomcat
>> cannot complete the request successfully. The Xmx is set to 2048m,
>> and I've tried a couple different GC settings, to no avail. Is there
>> some way of clearing out the completed actions list through database
>> commands or another method that might not be so rough on Tomcat's
>> memory heap?
>
>Hmmm, do you get the same exception if you'd use the
>schedule.listCompletedActions
>API?
>
>(In case not, it's possible to delete them using
>schedule.archiveActions schedule.deleteActions APIs)
>
>
>Regards,
>Tomas
>--
>Tomas Lestach
>RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat
>
>_______________________________________________
>Spacewalk-list mailing list
>[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
>https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/spacewalk-list



########################################################################
The information contained in this message, and any attachments thereto,
is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain
confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission,
dissemination, copying, or other use of the transmitted information is
prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender
and delete the material from any computer.  UNIGROUPINC.COM
########################################################################


______________________________________________________________________
The information contained in this e-mail message and its attachments are 
intended only for the personal and confidential use of the named recipient(s).  
If you are neither the intended recipient nor the person responsible for 
delivering to the intended recipient, you are not authorized to and must not 
disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or its attachments.  If you 
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by 
e-mail and delete the original message.  E-mail is susceptible to data 
corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses.  We 
are not liable for data corruption, interception, tampering, amendment or 
viruses or any consequences thereof.
_______________________________________________
Spacewalk-list mailing list
[email protected]
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/spacewalk-list

Reply via email to