Hey Shawn, I generated 30.000 actions for one server and let them complete via rhn_check, then I archived them and deleted over WebUI.
I had no issue with listing of the 30000 actions on: - pending actions list page - completed actions list page - archived actions list page The only issue I got, was when I tried to delete the actions. I got 'Service Temporarily Unavailable' on WebUI, as the delete process isn't very effective. I'll make it faster. I'm using default -Xmx256m for tomcat. Not sure, what your issue can be, and how can I reproduce it on my machine, but you always can delete the actions directly in the database in the rhnAction table. Regards, -- Tomas Lestach RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Shawn Maceno" <[email protected]> > To: [email protected] > Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 6:47:00 PM > Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Clear completed actions list spacewalk 1.9 > > Thanks for the reply, Tomas. I tried printing the list using a > python > script, but received the following error as well: > > xmlrpclib.Fault: <Fault -1: 'redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: unhandled > internal exception: GC overhead limit exceeded'> > > -- > Shawn Maceno > > On 5/13/13 4:53 AM, "Tomas Lestach" <[email protected]> wrote: > > >> I've been trying to clean up the failed, completed, and archived > >> actions lists in my spacewalk server, and am having trouble with > >> the > >> completed actions list. I'm not sure how many thousands of actions > >> are in the list, but clicking on the link to it, and waiting for > >> quite some time yields an internal server error. The tomcat > >> catalina.out log yields the following: > >> "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: > >> GC overhead limit exceeded" and > >> "com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#0" > >> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space. I've raised my > >> timeouts > >> in apache to 1200 seconds, and have reached the point where Tomcat > >> cannot complete the request successfully. The Xmx is set to 2048m, > >> and I've tried a couple different GC settings, to no avail. Is > >> there > >> some way of clearing out the completed actions list through > >> database > >> commands or another method that might not be so rough on Tomcat's > >> memory heap? > > > >Hmmm, do you get the same exception if you'd use the > >schedule.listCompletedActions > >API? > > > >(In case not, it's possible to delete them using > >schedule.archiveActions schedule.deleteActions APIs) > > > > > >Regards, > >Tomas > >-- > >Tomas Lestach > >RHN Satellite Engineering, Red Hat > > > >_______________________________________________ > >Spacewalk-list mailing list > >[email protected] > >https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/spacewalk-list > > ______________________________________________________________________ > The information contained in this e-mail message and its attachments > are intended only for the personal and confidential use of the named > recipient(s). If you are neither the intended recipient nor the > person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you are > not authorized to and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain > this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this > communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and > delete the original message. E-mail is susceptible to data > corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and > viruses. We are not liable for data corruption, interception, > tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequences thereof. > > _______________________________________________ > Spacewalk-list mailing list > [email protected] > https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/spacewalk-list > _______________________________________________ Spacewalk-list mailing list [email protected] https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/spacewalk-list
