On Mon, 13 May 2013 15:05:57 +0000 "Wood, Brendan" <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey all, > > I am looking to script the steps to Update all available > packages and then run a script once that completes (the same > action available through the web interface). I know that I > can use listLatestUpgradablePackages to get the list of > packages and then push that list into schedulePackageInstall > to do the update, with all of that followed by > scheduleScriptRun call to do the reboot - but what I am > missing is the dependency between those tasks. When we > schedule it through the web interface, the script won't run > unless the package update runs successfully. How do I do > that same behavior via the API? Would this help? https://<spacewalk>/rhn/apidoc/handlers/ScheduleHandler.jsp#listCompletedSystems Regards, Jan > My initial thought was to use listSystemEvents in a loop to > see if the first succeeded (and then call the scriptRun), but > that call is broken in 1.9. That seems more like a > workaround anyway. > > I also don't want to use 2 scriptRun calls (with the first > being a yum update), as I only want to update content provided > by spacewalk. Some systems have repo content not provided by > SP. > > Anyone have any recommendations how to go about this? > > Thanks in advance! > > -b > This email contains information which may be PROPRIETARY IN > NATURE OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE and is > intended only for the use of the addresses(s) named above. If > you have received this email in error, please contact the > sender immediately. -- Jan Hutar Systems Management QA [email protected] Red Hat, Inc.
pgpAQ3eJgeTGu.pgp
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ Spacewalk-list mailing list [email protected] https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/spacewalk-list
