A few things to look at :

- if you have the database and the web frontend on the same machine , 4 GB to
me sounds very minimal... PostgreSQL will become much quicker if it can cache
more data so you might want to add some RAM (go to 6 or 8 GB and maybe tweak
your PostgreSQL configuration a bit) When we were still running virtual the web
frontend machine had 8 GB and the PostgreSQL VM had 8 GB, both with 2 cores and
things ran fine (granted, with only roughly 70 clients)

- for us OSA became a lot smoother and more stable by switching it's backend
from berkeley DB to SQLite ; I'd recommend this step to everybody using OSA.
See https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2011-March/msg00048.html on
how to do this.‚Äč

- you might want to check if the machine is hitting I/O limits ; tools like
vmstat can help a lot

More CPU's doesn't sound like the solution, as only one core is pegged at 100%
; memory, disk I/O and maybe if it's a remote PostgreSQL instance network sound
like more likely candidates.

Jan-Albert van Ree | Linux System Administrator | MARIN Support Group
MARIN | T +31 317 49 35 48 | j.a.v....@marin.nl<mailto:j.a.v....@marin.nl> |

[LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/marin> [YouTube]
<http://www.youtube.com/marinmultimedia>  [Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/MARIN_nieuws>  [Facebook]