Hi all,

I just wanted to inform, that the PR 500
(https://github.com/spacewalkproject/spacewalk/pull/500) seems to work pretty
good in the "nightly" spacewalk version.

We tested this on our "TESTING" system and upgraded to "2.7 nightly".

Because we already have synced several Debian repositories, downloading some
packages with a spacewalk "client" (apt-get) did not work. This happened with
"special" packages with more complicated version strings like "open-vm-tools"
and some other stuff that we still stored within the DB (in the old, wrong way)

After *completely* removing all Debian packages out of all channels, removal
from disk and resync, all seems to work well. I'm still testing....but for now,
this is a really good step in further supporting ".deb" repositories.

Big thanks to all contributers.

Regards,
Robert

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Robert Paschedag
Netlution GmbH
Landteilstr. 33
68163 Mannheim

im Auftrag des
SWR
Südwestrundfunk
HA IT, Medientechnik und Programmverbreitung
Neckarstraße 230
70190 Stuttgart

Telefon +49 (0)711 /929-12654 oder
Telefon +49 (0)711 /929-13714