I'm looking to do some cleanup of packages in Spacewalk, but not yet sure
how to approach the problem. I'd like to identify packages managed by
Spacewalk in specific channels that are not installed on any servers. We
have many developers pushing content to Spacewalk 24/7. Over time, we end
up with tens of thousands of packages that are no longer needed in any
lifecycle. I know there are some API's to determine what servers have a
specific package installed, but I'm looking for the opposite.. identify
packages that are not installed on any Spacewalk managed server.. I think
that will give me a better idea of what can be purged.

I'm also looking for a good way to manage this in the future.. for
instance, allowing "n" number of versions of a specific package, and
programmatically removing the oldest versions that exceed "n" number.. has
anyone attempted this or have advice on how I could go about doing it?