Hi all,

I am currently evaluating Spacewalk 2.8 as we plan to roll out a set of
Fedora28 laptop clients to a group of developers. Users will have
administrative privileges, but we want to audit the systems and be able to
support people with keeping their systems up to date or push common config
updates.

I so far love the Spacewalk concept, but there are 2 major points that confuse
me and seem to be kind of a deal-breaker. I hope you can clarify:

1) How to use external repo URLs without syncing the whole thing?
It confuses me a lot. You create a software channel, create a repo from a URL
and then instead of just taking the metainfo and provide the package info,
there seems to be no way around syncing the whole thing again onto the
spacewalk machine?!
I do not want that. We have a self-maintained yum repo for internal self-
packaged stuff and other than that we use the official mirrors, no matter if
Centos7 or Fedora. There are so many good mirrors, I do not see a point in
mirroring the base repos again. (Fedora has like 50k packages, that's a major
amount of wasted storage) Also our company repo is not exactly small, I do not
want another copy apart from the backup.

2) Even if was to mirror the repos, how so I organise coexistence with the
official one enabled on the systems? I do not want to disable these. We have
people who are on the road sometimes and they wouldn't be able to install
anything without company network connection. I want them to be able to use a
nearby mirror whereever they are.
How would one manage this?

Looking forward to your suggestions!